Sunday, 21 February 2010

Bigfoot ramp

I should have put this post together before, but I just couldn't find the time. Here are some pics of how I've fixed the pretty badly broken bigfoot ramp. It took me a whole week to do it, since epoxy glue that I was using takes around 24 hours to dry properly.

This is how it was broken:

My approach was the following:
I've cut out the missing piece from some sort of durable plastics and glued it to some other piece of plastics. This bit came from some old fax machine I found lying around. Here's what came out:

I than glued this bit to the ramp with epoxy. I took me two days, since I did not have enough clamps to do it all at once.

Half way there:

And the result:

I've been using this thing. I just could not find anything stronger on the market.

Luckily, this ramp is almost completely hidden from view, so the artistic impression won't count much, but I bet, this will hold the thing together properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment